How To Uninstall Safari on Mac?
Safari is the preinstalled browser of mac os. But we liked to use google chrome , mozilla firefox and other browsers more than safari.
Apple doesn’t allow you to delete safari from mac because it’s default browser of macbook and it may affect other applications.
Have you tried to uninstall safari from mac by dragging it to Trash? It will prevent you from doing this. So, here is 3 easy way to remove safari from mac.
Way – 1
How to uninstall Safari from mac os?
This is manual method to uninstall safari from macbook.
So, here is simple way to uninstall safari on mac manually.
- Goto your mac “Applications” folder.
- Click and Drag Safari browser icon to your Trash bin.
- Now control + Click the trash icon and click on “Empty Trash”.
Finally you have uninstalled safari from macos. If this is not working for your mac os version you may try below method also:
You need to delete all the files containing “Safari” in their names from following path :
- Dock icon in /Applications/
- Binaries in /Applications/
- Library in /Library/
- Caches in /Library/Caches/
- Preferences in /Library/Preferences/
- Plugins in /Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/
- Saved States in /Library/Saved Application State/
- Application Support Files in /Library/Application Support/
- Crashes in /Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/
Note : we don’t recommend this method because it may crash your system.
Way – 2
How to Uninstall safari on mac os?
For this method need terminal to uninstall safari on macbook.
So, here is way to uninstall safari from mac.
- Quit safari browser.
- Open Terminal , which can found in Applications>Utilities.
- Now Type the command : cd /Applications/
- Again Type the command : sudo rm -R Safari.app
- Enter your mac password.
- Now Type this command : cd /private/var/db/receipts/
- Again Type this command: ls -al
- Make a note of that safari BOM’s
- Now remove them one by one by command : sudo pkgutil –forget PkgNameHere (example: sudo pkgutil –forget com.apple.pkg.Safari)
Finally you did it. Now you know to remove safari from mac using terminal
Note : we don’t recommend this method because it may crash your system. Take backup before using this method.
Way – 3
How to remove safari on mac?
For this method you need third party software to remove safari from mac.
- Download MacUninstaller app OR Mac Cleaner OR any other apps.
- Install and open Mac uninstaller app.
- Find Safari and uninstall from it.
How to uninstall safari on mac os x Yosemite?
If you are using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 and earlier OS like Mavericks 10.9, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, OS X Lion 10.7 then you can uninstall safari from above methods.
How to uninstall safari on Mac OS X El Capitan?
If you are using Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 then you can not uninstall safari from above methods.
How to uninstall safari on Mac OS Sierra?
If you are using Mac OS X Sierra then you can not uninstall safari from above methods.